BIOMIMESYS® is an organ-specific Extracellular Matrix (ECM) formed by the crosslinking reaction of hydrosoluble modified hyaluronic acid (HA) and other ECM components (collagens, fibronectin, etc.) with ADH (Adipic acid dihydrazide), to create a "Hydroscaffold" 3D cell culture system.
BIOMIMESYS® Liver represents a new generation of mimetic hydroscaffolding for 3D hepatocyte-like cell cultures. Available in a ready-to-use format, it enables the culture of hepatocytes and hepatocyte-like cells under physiological conditions that are representative of the microenvironment found in liver tissue. The highly porous nature of the hydroscaffold allows the rapid uptake of nutrients, oxygen, etc. into the cells to create a reproducible study model for all downstream analyses used with 3D hepatocytes-like cells culture (metabolism, toxicity, etc.).
• Hyaluronic acid (HA) - a major component of the cell’s extracellular matrix (ECM)
• Biofunctionalized with liver ECM components - collagen type I and IV, glycoproteins and glycosaminoglycans (GAG).
• Adipic acid dihydrazide (ADH) as crosslinkers
• Porosity: 117±23μm
• Rheology: Young’s modulus: 0.6kPa
|Human hepatocytes||HepaRG, IHH|
|Human liver hepatocellular carcinoma||HepG2|
|Human liver hepatoma||PLC / PRF-5|
|Human colorectal adenocarcinoma||HCT 116|
|Human hepatocytes||HH cryopreserved|
|Human induced pluripotent stem cells||hiPS|
1. Godoy, P. et al. Recent advances in 2D and 3D in vitro systems using primary hepatocytes, alternative hepatocyte sources and non-parenchymal liver cells and their use in investigating mechanisms of hepatotoxicity, cell signaling and ADME. Arch Toxicol 87, 1315–1530 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00204-013-1078-5
2. Kola, I. & Landis, J. Can the pharmaceutical industry reduce attrition rates? Nat Rev Drug Discov 3, 711–715 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1038/nrd1470
3. Lang, R. et al. Three-dimensional culture of hepatocytes on porcine liver tissue-derived extracellular matrix. Biomaterials 32, 7042–7052 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2011.06.005
4. Faulk, D. M., Wildemann, J. D. & Badylak, S. F. Decellularization and cell seeding of whole liver biologic scaffolds composed of extracellular matrix. J Clin Exp Hepatol 5, 69–80 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jceh.2014.03.043
5. Mazza, G. et al. Decellularized human liver as a natural 3D-scaffold for liver bioengineering and transplantation. Sci Rep 5, 13079 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1038/srep13079
6. Safer, A.-M., Afzal, M., Hanafy, N. & Mousa, S. Green tea extract therapy diminishes hepatic fibrosis mediated by dual exposure to carbon tetrachloride and ethanol: A histopathological study. Exp Ther Med 9, 787–794 (2015). https://doi.org/10.3892/etm.2014.2158
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY, NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES.
Manufactured by : HCS Pharma
Questions about this product? Email us at email@example.com or give us a call: (650) 486-1541